Premium Tea, Coffee and BiscuitsDelivery
Description of franchise system
Ringtons was founded in 1907 by Samuel Smith, and it remains a family business: three of Sam’s great-grandsons are actively involved in running the company today, and are totally committed to Sam’s founding values of quality and service. The business is still built on the uniquely close relationships which the van salespeople have with their customers, many of which go back over several decades.
Today, a growing fleet of 200 vans continues to make door-to-door deliveries from Edinburgh down to Peterborough and from Lancashire across to East Anglia serving over 250,000 households.
Ringtons have made the strategic decision that future expansion will be made through franchising. This has created the opportunity for franchisees to replicate this successful, 100-year old formula in their local town, building a profitable business through personal service and excellent customer relationships.
After 100 years and 200 vans, Ringtons knows their business works. However, in the last ten years they have built and developed the unique Ringtons Business System (RBS) that makes their business strategy even more efective.
A typical Ringtons franchisee will:
- Carry a range of teas, coffee, biscuits and seasonal items to customers' doors in a traditional wicker basket
- Have an exclusive territory of 30,000 to 40,000 households, divided into 10 routes, each served fortnightly
- Have 125 regular customers per route
- Take payment at the door, as 90% of customers pay immediately (a simple interest-free credit facility is available)
- Record each transaction on a user-friendly handheld computer / scanner
Training and Support
The Ringtons Training Programme will provide you with all the knowledge, skill and support you will need to build your business.
Key features include:
- Two weeks intensive pre-launch training at the Head Offices in Newcastle, and at one of Ringtons’ sales offices gaining hands-on experience with their managers, trainers and salespeople
- ‘On Van’ training and support from a dedicated Ringtons business coach
- Online training modules
- Online resource library
In addition to all this, the Ringtons support package is comprehensive including:
- A dedicated business coach
- Direct access to the Franchise Support Team
- Freephone Customer Careline for your customers
- Online Ringtons Franchise community
- Regular training sessions and business development forums
To get you off to a flying start, Ringtons’ team of experienced door-to-door canvassers will generate a minimum of 1,800 customer orders, prior to launch. Additionally, a Ringtons salesperson will work alongside you every day for the first four weeks to provide help, support and coaching.
Franchise partner profile
Ringtons have ambitious plans to build a successful franchise network across the UK and are looking for franchisees who are:
- Happy to work outdoors
- Passionate about starting and building their own business
- Enthusiastic about serving and helping customers
- Hardworking and want to develop themselves personally and professionally
- Able to make the required financial investment in their future
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|Company foundation (nat / worldwide)||1907 / 1907|
|Country of data||United Kingdom|
|Personal capital||1.000 GBP|
|Initial entry fee||28.950 GBP|
|Type of contract||
|Master licenses available|
• United Kingdom
|Pilot unit in the country of data|
|Mark-up of goods|
Ideal franchisee profile