Franchise news

02.05.2011

Domino's Pizza franchise continues to expand abroad

Domino's Pizza UK & IRL plc, one of the leading pizza delivery companies in the UK and the Republic of Ireland, has announced the acquisition of 75 percent of Intergrowth Enterprises Limited (“Domino’s Germany”), the master franchisee for Domino’s Pizza in Germany. The other 25 per cent will be retained by the vendor Briskas Ltd (“Briskas”), an affiliate of Grand City Hotels Group, the second-largest hotel operator in Germany, with over 100 hotels in Europe.

According to the information provided, Domino's believes the German market offers an exceptional opportunity for the Domino’s brand. Domino’s Germany was awarded the master franchise in April 2010 and currently operates two stores in Berlin. While the total market size is yet to be determined, the Company aims to open at least 400 stores over the next 10 years and believes that the market could ultimately accommodate more than double that figure.

Quick service restaurants in Germany are, the Company says, performing well and Germany’s strong economy and metropolitan-based population make it an exceedingly attractive market for development. The Company believes the Domino’s focus on 30-minute delivery, supported by excellent product and online ordering capabilities, will satisfy the German demand for quality and convenience.

Domino’s Germany will be operated by a dedicated and experienced team to ensure the UK and Ireland management team remains focused on existing markets, while leveraging expertise in purchasing, commissaries, e-commerce and finance. In the short term, the stores will be run on a corporate basis while a franchisee model is put into place.

Domino's Pizza UK & IRL plc is, it says, the leading player in the fast-growing pizza delivery market and holds the exclusive master franchise to own, operate and franchise Domino's Pizza stores in the UK and the Republic of Ireland. The first UK store opened in Luton in 1985 and the first Irish store opened in 1991. As at 30 March 2011, there were 672 stores in the UK and the Republic of Ireland. Founded in 1960, Domino's Pizza is one of the world's leading pizza delivery brands. Through its primarily franchised system, Domino's Pizza operates a global network of more than 9,000 Domino's Pizza stores in over 65 countries. (kbp)


Domino's Pizza (UK)

Pizza home delivery and take-away
» to the franchisor


All news

12.09.2012 » 

Domino's Pizza franchise launches in Nigeria

20.07.2012 » 

Domino's Pizza franchise continues to grow

08.04.2012 » 

Domino’s franchise enjoys a good start to the year

14.03.2012 » 

Domino’s Pizza franchise and its customers raise over £230,000 for UK charities

23.12.2011 » 

Domino’s franchisee in Leeds raises over £4,200 for Help for Heroes

07.06.2011 » 

Portsmouth manager crowned Domino’s International Rookie Manager of the Year

02.05.2011 » 

Domino's Pizza franchise continues to expand abroad

11.03.2011 » 

Domino’s appoints new Operations Director

24.11.2010 » 

Domino’s crowned top pizza delivery chain

04.11.2010 » 

Domino’s voted top pizza in customer experience league table

Brand Search

Franchise Directory
Business Services Franchises
Cars & Automotives Franchises
Clothes & Fashion Franchises
Food Franchises
Furniture & Decoration Franchises
Health, Sport & Beauty Franchises
Leisure, Culture & Travel Franchises
Office Technology, Telecommunication & Computer Franchises
Personal Services Franchise
Restaurants & Hotels Franchises
Services for Home and Building Franchise
Miscellaneous Franchises